We are looking for an experienced Data Manager to oversee the development and use of data systems. You will discover efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality.
A great data manager is able to fully grasp the complexity of data management. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures. You will also be tech-savvy and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
The goal is to ensure that information is accurate, flows timely, and securely to and from the organization as well as within.
- Modify databases according to requests, perform tests and, update existing data
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible, and check the output
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Compile, verify accuracy, and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
- Proven experience as a Data Manager or Data Analyst (with SQL or Postgress Databases)
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Experience managing financial data or transactional data
- Experience using Metabase or similar.
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills