We are looking for a Head of Engineering to help Plerk scale regionally. You will be in charge of introducing new departments and scaling the engineering team to be able to handle the demands of fast-paced growth.
We are seeking an experienced Head of Engineering who will build, grow, and lead engineers across multiple product teams and platforms. In this role, you’ll bring your operational leadership, technical expertise, and proven people development skills to bear on strategic decisions about our technical ecosystem, product roadmap, and engineering culture. You will bring deep expertise in implementing development processes to drive team execution and meet business goals.
- Create a high-performance culture that promotes achievement and is geared toward employee retention and productivity.
- Create a technology plan that allows engineers to make amazing decisions while scaling up, and releasing new features.
- Ensure our practices (code reviews, QA technology, etc) are ready for scaling and constantly evaluate the tech stack for our evolving business needs.
- Grow the team; optimize our recruiting process and hire across all backgrounds, all levels of seniority & specialist technical domains.
- Continue building our tech ops competency for efficiency, reliability, scale, and security.
- As a Head of Engineering you will be in charge of internal support, the different engineering departments, work closely with Product and you will report to the CTO & C-Level.
- Maintain and shorten iteration cycles in the face of increasing scale and complexity.
- Conduct and perform regular performance reviews for the engineering team.
- 5+ years managing engineering teams
- 3+ years experiences in banking or fintech solutions
- Experienced working remotely
- Successfully scaled an engineering organization from a seed-stage company to a Series C+ level company
- Highly technical with expertise in infrastructure, architecture, mobile development, and DevOps
- Experience leading and/or developing enterprise systems and applications at scale
- Experience managing teams
- Operate with empathy and strive to cultivate a work environment that is both supportive and challenging
- Passionate about helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- Strong verbal and written communication, collaboration, and documentation skills
- You are a lifelong learner and passionate about learning new things and taking on new challenges
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction